Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Van Gogh for Van Gogh's Sake

One of my favorite museum living in Europe is Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam. I spent several hours (only because my kids were bored to tears) walking away inspired, refreshed and obsessively curious about the artist. We have all seen his works on stationery cards, mugs, calendars, but who is the man behind the drawings? I left the museum feeling intrigued. The more I studied his art, the more I loved his expression of creativity.. My kids think I am old because I love classical music, and I love it because the music pulls my soul into another sphere of beauty that I can't describe and this is how I feel about Van Gogh. In his technique of expression, there is a "pulling" of my soul that takes me into the other world.. Ok, that sounded way to deep for a blog post about kid/family products! Here are some of the pieces that move my soul, like the way Variations on the Rococo by Tchaikovsky pulls my soul into other worldliness.. which is also another hint of something that will be featuring this coming late summer/fall!

These images below are from The Van Gogh Gallery owned by David Brooks, who is the only one that has the entire collection of Van Gogh's images online.


Because he didn't have money to hire models to practice portraits, he did many self-portraits. 


Portrait of Woman in Blue, 1885 December
Bank of the Oise at Auvers, 1890 July